To facilitate the growth of our company’s air hammer rebuild program through strong commitment to the delivery of high quality service to our Oil & Gas customers. Plus, ensure that the customer’s expectations are met every time.
General Function & Key Objectives:
To provide timely service work tear down and rebuild of hammers, identify and report technical and mechanical problems, that result in minimizing downtime, reducing costs, or promoting our products capabilities in the case of a test or demo. Responsible
for troubleshooting, repairing, and installing parts as needed to rebuild the equipment.
- Receive equipment at company store location(s) that require rebuild work.
- Tear down and disassemble each air hammer brought to our store location.
- Clean and perform precision measurements on hammers to assess whether the tool can be rebuilt and safely reused or not.
- Paint, prep and reassemble air hammers to excellent working condition.
- Provide feedback on status of hammers to supervisor and keep them informed of any issues that arise.
- Work closely with peers and offer cross training as necessary on all relevant features of our products.
- Work closely with coworkers to ensure a safe working environment and report any possible safety issues to supervisor.
- Help develop solutions to local problems.
- Communicate relevant activities to company personnel. This would be through daily on site communication and discussions and also via phone calls.
- Always be courteous and professional in all communications.
Training & Skill Development:
- Participate in company planned training whenever possible.
- Seek out training for areas of perceived weakness.
- Maintain an open mind when working with co-workers or supervisors to learn new approaches.
- Comprehend and learn from on the job training. Be able to expand knowledge and skills to perform daily tasks properly.
General Work Attitude:
- Work cooperatively with all departments in a spirit of teamwork to address problem areas and stimulate after market sales.
- Safeguard the assets of the company in general and reveal no information to competitors or outside parties, which could be harmful to our business.
- Manage in the best interest of the company, those assets entrusted to you, these may include but are not limited to, vehicles, computers, phones, faxes and products.
- Use the budgeted resources available to you in the most cost-effective way for promoting the company’s business.
- Foster practices within the company that is consistent with its values and beliefs. Share knowledge with colleagues and actively work to raise the competence level of the group. Strive for unity and trust within the group and expect to produce results before
receiving rewards. Search for truth and avoid propagating rumors.
- Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance.
- Always promote a positive working environment both with co-workers and customers.
- Signature authority as outlined in Prokura Procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Discretionary flexibility in regards to travel and entertainment in accordance with overall company policy and budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificate from technical or trade school a plus. High school or the equivalent required.
- Machinist background very desirable.
- Candidate should have strong mechanical aptitude, a willingness to learn, and good work ethics.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Company will cover cost of obtaining DOT Driver’s License; employee must follow DOT regulations and guidelines thereafter.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions and underground mining conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (noise protection required).
The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to and in excess of 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.