Performance unites us, innovation inspire us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
We are now looking for a Field Services Technician with high voltage electrical experience to report directly to the Service Center Manager of Epiroc USA LLC in Elko, Nevada.
To facilitate growth of our company’s service program through strong commitment to the delivery of high quality customer service to all Epiroc customers. Plus, ensure that the customer’s expectations are met every time.
To provide timely service support for technical problems, monitoring, testing, and Demonstrations that result in minimizing downtime, reducing costs, or promoting our Product capabilities in the case of a test or demo. This individual will be responsible for
Troubleshooting, repairing, and installing parts as needed to maintain the equipment.
- Provide technical support in the form of troubleshooting either by phone or on site.
- Provide parts information in the form of suggested stocking guides.
- Provide warranty support; evaluate and validate claims, discuss issues with Product Company, and submit service reports to support claims.
- Provide training for distributors and customers on all relevant features and benefits of using our products. This may include creating customized courses per the customer’s needs (i.e. the use of bit grinders.)
- Provide training on equipment operation and proper use of consumables, such as Rock drilling tools, ground reinforcement products, installation, and grinding Equipment.
- Set-up and monitor testing of new or improved components.
- Track associated costs, or data from tests to ensure completion.
- Help develop solutions to local problems.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar and Heavy equipment useful.
- Communicate service and other relevant activities to Customer and Service Manager through daily service reports or relevant forms, e-mail and telephone communications.
- Prepare information as requested whether routine or for special occasions.
- Always be courteous and professional in all communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates and Licenses
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of a Certificate of Completion from a Technical or Trade School, three years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate should have strong mechanical aptitude and good work ethic.
- Maintain required US Department of Labor, Mine, Safety & Health Administration Training certificates, or complete the training program needs to acquire the Certificates.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license; a good driving record is required.
- Maintain current US Department of Labor; Mine Safety & Health Administration required training certificates.
- If required to operate a commercial vehicle weighing more than 26,001 pounds, you must be able to pass all requirements necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for Department of Transportation (DOT) purposes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (noise protection required).
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- This position is considered Safety Sensitive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel is required in this position.
Atlas Copco's Board of Directors announced in January 2017 that it will initiate work in order to propose to the Annual General Meeting in 2018, to decide on a split of Atlas Copco into two parts. Atlas Copco will focus on industry and Epiroc will focus on
mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. The current Mining and Rock Excavation business area – core of the future Epiroc - provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, a complete range of related consumables and service through a global
network. The business area innovates for sustainable productivity in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling and geotechnical applications. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, the
United States, Canada, China and India.
Epiroc is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender