To facilitate growth of our company’s service program through strong commitment to the delivery of high quality customer service to all Atlas Copco customers. Plus, ensure that the customer’s expectations are met every time.
General Function & Key Objectives:
To provide timely service support for technical problems, monitoring, testing, and
Demonstrations that result in minimizing downtime, reducing costs, or promoting our
Product capabilities in the case of a test or demo. This individual will be responsible for
Troubleshooting, repairing, and installing parts as needed to maintain the equipment.
1. Provide technical support in the form of troubleshooting either by phone or on site.
2. Provide parts information in the form of suggested stocking guides.
3. Provide warranty support; evaluate and validate claims, discuss issues with Product
Company, and submit service reports to support claims.
4. Provide training for distributors and customers on all relevant features and benefits
of using our products. This may include creating customized courses per the
customer’s needs (i.e. the use of bit grinders.)
5. Provide training on equipment operation and proper use of consumables, such as
Rock drilling tools, ground reinforcement products, installation, and grinding
6. Set-up and monitor testing of new or improved components.
7. Track associated costs, or data from tests to ensure completion.
8. Help develop solutions to local problems.
9. Knowledge of Caterpillar and Heavy equipment useful
This position may require extensive travel.
1. The successful candidate should have a minimum of a Certificate of Completion from
a Technical or Trade School, three years of related experience and/or training, or an
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Candidate should have strong mechanical aptitude and good work ethic.
3. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
4. Maintain required US Department of Labor, Mine, Safety & Health Administration
Training certificates, or complete the training program needs to acquire the
Certificates and Licenses:
1. Maintain a valid driver’s license; a good driving record is required.
2. Maintain current US Department of Labor; Mine Safety & Health Administration required training certificates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email software; word processing software; spreadsheet software; and Contact Management systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (noise protection required).
3. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
3. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.