Are you in for a big challenge, like contributing to the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global
productivity partner the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership
for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’ first choice.
Ensure the continued profitable growth of our store operations while safeguarding company assets, be perceived as the most attractive distribution alternative for participating, as well as non-participating Epiroc divisions, and realize the proper efficiency improvements in sales and service for the MRS, RDT and UMR business lines.
1. Develop and implement appropriate business strategies and priorities for each targeted market segment utilizing territory management skills.
2. Ensure customer loyalty by providing the highest quality product and superior after-the-sale support.
3. Personally demonstrate clear and visible leadership within the store, throughout the Epiroc organization, as well as with our customers.
4. Personally meet with and cultivate relationships with our key customers.
5. Manage sales coverage for all applicable business lines within the defined area of sales and service responsibility.
6. Drive and manage the aftermarket business, within the defined store territory, in conjunction with the National Service Manager and Business Line Manager.
7. Recruit, develop and maintain competent people, within the guidelines of our Affirmative Action Plan, to support our customers and use strategic vision to create appropriate succession plans.
8. Confirm and maintain a database of equipment in this region, including Epiroc and competitor’s equipment.
9. Utilize tools and resources for managing working capital costs (Inventory and Receivables) in relation to sales/days targets.
10. Clearly define tasks and duties within your direct report organization, and develop tools for measuring success for the people in your organization.
11. Involve the Business Line Managers/Product Line Managers/Customer Service/Product Companies in the development and implementation of local strategies to ensure adequate technical and commercial support.
12. Constantly strive to improve operating efficiencies at the respective store location.
13. Whenever possible, liaise with the customer center functional area representatives to communicate needs, offer assistance, or drive necessary change.
14. Manage the store location to the P&L statement that is provided in the database.
15. Participate in the store budget process, working with the VP Store Operations and Business Line Managers to assure the appropriate buy-in.
16. Attend store manager’s meetings and participate when requested.
17. Insure that proper internal control functions are being adhered to at the store location and raise "red flags" to management whenever compliances with sound business principles are at risk.
18. Insure that we are meeting ethical, social and environmental performance criteria as required by our company.
1. Communicate activities and work together to grow our business.
2. Prepare necessary information at the request of the Business Line Managers, Management, and other internal stakeholders.
3. Prepare information as requested whether routine or for special occasions.
4. Always be courteous and professional in all communications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge / Educational Requirements:
1. Candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
2. Experience in the mining industry.
3. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
4. Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, and government regulations.
5. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
6. Computer skills must include ability to communicate through Lotus Notes, read and prepare spreadsheets, prepare Power Point presentations, work with Microsoft word documents, and others
Training & Skill Development:
1. Participate in company planned training whenever possible.
2. Seek out training for areas of perceived weakness.
3. Maintain an open mind when working with co-workers or supervisors to learn new methods or procedures.
4. Work to understand and utilize information and communication systems and tools, i.e. e-mail, BPCS, Microsoft Office software, etc.
General Work Attitude:
1. Work cooperatively with all departments in a spirit of teamwork to address problem areas and stimulate sales.
2. Safeguard the assets of the company in general and reveal no information to competitors or outside parties, which could be harmful to our business.
3. Manage in the best interest of the company, those assets entrusted to you, these may include but are not limited to, vehicles, computers, phones, tools, and products.
4. Use the budgeted resources available to you in the most cost-effective way for promoting the company’s business.
5. Foster practices within the company that is consistent with its values and beliefs. Share knowledge with colleagues and actively work to raise the competence level of the group. Strive for unity and trust within the group and expect to produce results before receiving rewards. Search for truth and avoid propagating rumors.
6. Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance.
7. Always promote a positive working environment both with co-workers and customers.
1. Signature authority as outlined in Prokura Procedures for areas of responsibility.
2. Discretionary flexibility in regards to travel and entertainment in accordance with overall company policy and budget.