United in Performance. Inspired by Innovation.
Performance unites us, innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward. Count on Epiroc to deliver customer-oriented solutions needed to succeed today and the technology to lead tomorrow. To do this, we believe in diverse teams that
work together across borders to develop, produce, market and service the most innovative products available. Grow your career at Epiroc!
At Epiroc USA LLC, our Mining and Rock Excavation Service Division provides a broad range of services with the aim of maximizing customers’ productivity. We focus on spare parts supply, professional service, support solutions and training. This open Service
Manager position will be based in Baltimore, MD
The Service Manager is a critical leadership role and is responsible for developing our company’s Service structure and providing improved communication, technical support and service presence. Additionally, the Service Manager will manage all Service activities
(Work In Progress, Recruiting, Financial) and is the point person for finding solutions for customer issues occurring on any piece of Epiroc equipment within the assigned territory. The work environment includes being regularly exposed to work near moving
mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. Noise protection is required in this role. Service Managers are occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and the risk of electrical shock. This
position is considered Safety Sensitive.
- Developing and promoting the service aspect of our business to generate profitable service revenue, and maintain customer satisfaction with our equipment
- Implementing procedures to ensure that all service activities are performed in an organized and structured manner
- Managing all service resources as required to achieve targeted goals and objectives
- Verifying all technicians and sub-contractors receive competency development on product, technical and administrative areas
- Handling warranty related issues with customers and customer center personnel
- Supervising and working with technicians in the field to ensure they understand expectations and are performing to a high level
- Leading, managing, coaching, and training employees in a fashion that is consistent with our company’s culture and management philosophy
- Organizing, documenting and maintaining procedures for all Service functions
- Creating a proactive, resourceful, and self-directed organization that is able to respond to customer needs and wants immediately and in the most efficient way possible
- Conducting failure analysis and train technicians and other Regional personnel on failure analysis on any recurring issue at a customer site, and relentlessly pursue solutions until the issue is resolved
- Acting in absence of other members of the Regional management team and be able to lead other groups in the conduct of Epiroc business in the territory (Parts, Sales, Warehousing, etc.)
- Maintaining all assigned resources and facilities to the highest state of readiness possible, following Regional 5S guidelines, and company policies and procedures
- Verifying Service Center compliance with all Safety and Environmental guidelines set forth by headquarters personnel, manage all safety and training programs for the service center
- Continually striving for more business in the service group expanding our service model to component rebuilds, heavy welding and line boring, service contracts, PM assist contracts, and contract labor, both mechanical and electrical
- Being viewed as a Service Center and aftermarket organization leader; This position is part of the Leadership Team for the Service Center
- Maintenance and support of a fleet of rental machines for external customers, with a focus on reduction of internal work orders required on the machine(s)
Country and city description:
- Bachelors of Science in engineering or related discipline, and/or a minimum of 5 years of practical related experience in the mining or construction equipment field
- Prior demonstrated experience successfully leading teams of employees required
- Strong mechanical/technical background is necessary for issue resolution & reasoning/discussing “root cause analysis” back to customers
- Advanced training in computer aided maintenance systems, reporting, databases, and spreadsheets are very advantageous to the success of the person in this position
- Maintain required US Department of Labor, Mine, Safety & Health Administration Training Certificates, and maintenance of all customer specific site safety requirements
- Ensure compliance with Department of Transportation policies regarding service vehicles and trailers
- Previous work experience should have demonstrated a strong mechanical aptitude and good work ethic
- Successful candidates must be able to sit for extended periods if needed, use hands to feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Travel is required in this position
- The position is located in Baltimore, MD
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class
service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Epiroc had revenue in 2017 of $ 3.7 billion USD and has more than 13,000 employees. Principal
product development and manufacturing units of Epiroc are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Being the best, is a challenge that we love to live up to. By keeping an open mind and listening to our employees and customers, we continuously set new industry standards and improve the way we work.
Diversity is key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. In the 150 countries where you can find us, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders. This way
our employees can grow in the business, wherever they are at their careers, from entry level to senior leadership. We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.