Provide superior customer support, both during and after the sale. To be viewed as the best sales and support outlet for all product lines within Atlas Copco for both participating and non-participating divisions while achieving proper efficiency improvements.
Responsible person to receive and enter customer orders via phone and at office. Answer inquiries from customers and suppliers regarding inventory, pricing, deliveries, back-orders, returns and credits Work with other personnel to maintain parts warehouse
inventories. Perform shipping and receiving functions.
- Answer phones and wait on “walk in” parts customers. Follow all parts orders to their completion.
- Develop Relationships with All Customers
- Work with all personnel (Office, Shop, Field and Sales) as needed to promote superior customer support.
- Serve as liaison between warehouse and technicians/sales representatives, and assisting all with routine and special requests and projects.
- Perform parts shipping, receiving and stock transfer duties.
- Participate in Employee Development programs including product and application training, business and personal development.
- Help Promote the Atlas Copco Service Exchange & Service Agreement Programs.
- Communicate Administrative activities and work together to grow our business.
- Prepare necessary information at the request of the After Market and Customer Service Manager.
- Communicate parts and delivery information to Service Personnel.
- Work to become an expert in information and communication systems and tools, i.e. e-mail, BPCS, Microsoft Office software, etc.
- Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or by circumstance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
One year experience in the mining and construction industry is required to have the industry knowledge necessary to perform this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic to intermediate computer skills.
- Knowledge of email software; word processing software; spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel; Inventory control software and systems such as ACIGN, MOVEX, DS Connect/AC Connect and SCC.
- High school diploma.
- Five years of experience working within heavy equipment industry.
- Three years of practical related experience in Customer Service.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in the office area with higher levels
in shop and yard area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.