To ensure that Epiroc USA Service Centers meet their Aftermarket Service business goals in terms of the Aftermarket sales, growth, market & customer share and profitability while achieving the efficiency targets outlined during the yearly budgetary process
for individual service center entities.
Responsible for promoting aftermarket initiatives and gaining the necessary buy-in within our Company service center structure to grow sales profitably while achieving Key Performance Indicator (KPI) efficiency objectives.
- Support the established aftermarket programs and implement new strategies, tools and materials to grow the service business within the national service center channel
- Utilize KPI scorecards to review aftermarket service results and identify areas for improvement together with an implementation of action plans to affect change
- Assist in the training and support of technical service and service administration within Aftermarket Services
- Promote the sales of aftermarket service products, which includes Aftermarket Service Agreements (i.e., ROC CARE and other preventative maintenance agreements), spare parts, remanufactured components, rock drill programs, etc.
- Oversee service work order maintenance individuals in an effort to close work orders in a timely and efficient manner utilizing best practices, while driving consistency and structure throughout the service centers
- Manage the accurate and timely collection of service labor documentation, including training records, for work orders and human resources document retention purposes
- Provide leadership to drive accurate and timely warranty reporting including documentation to validate claims, facilitate mutual claim discussion with the Technical Service Managers and capture claim summaries of required actions
- Provide assistance in personnel management and headcount planning, including resource allocation and relocation allowance planning
- Understand and fulfill the requirements of Epiroc USA company policy, including but not limited to Technical Warranty, Product Liability and SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) initiatives
- Bachelors of Science in engineering or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ of practical related experience in the mining or construction aftermarket equipment business, parts and services field experience is highly preferred
- Prior demonstrated experience successfully leading teams of employees is required
- Strong mechanical/technical background is required for issue resolution & reasoning/discussing “root cause analysis” back to customers
- Effective communication skills, including presenting information and responding to inquiries from Epiroc management and internal/external customers is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blue prints, hydraulic schematics, electrical and circuit drawings and diagrams, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Advanced training in computer aided maintenance systems, reporting, databases, and spreadsheets are preferred qualifications
- Possess a valid/active driver’s license
- Maintain current US Department of Labor, Mine Safety & Health Administration required training certificates, and keep up to date with all customer specific site safety requirements
- Compliant with Department of Transportation policies regarding service vehicles and trailers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions and underground mining conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, at times the noise level can be loud
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
- This position is considered Safety Sensitive
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, feel or reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must be comfortable occasionally working in an underground mine or shop for up to 11 hours at a time
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class
service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Epiroc had revenue in 2017 of $ 3.7 billion USD and has more than 13,000 employees. Principal
product development and manufacturing units of Epiroc are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Being the best, is a challenge that we love to live up to. By keeping an open mind and listening to our employees and customers, we continuously set new industry standards and improve the way we work.
Diversity is key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. In the 150 countries where you can find us, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders. This way
our employees can grow in the business, wherever they are at their careers, from entry level to senior leadership.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
United in Performance. Inspired by Innovation.
Performance unites us, innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward. Count on Epiroc to deliver customer-oriented solutions needed to succeed today and the technology to lead tomorrow. To do this, we believe in diverse teams that
work together across borders to develop, produce, market and service the most innovative products available. Grow your career at Epiroc!