Are you in for a big challenge, like contributing to the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco spun off on June 18, 2018. Epiroc is a leading global productivity partner the mining, infrastructure and natural resources
industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’
Analyze the total market and determine the best channel and/or business partners to expand our market share, presence and profitability in this large strategic market. Support the current organization with value added information and data to support sales
and marketing of capital equipment and the associated spare parts, service and drilling tools in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.
This dynamic, market oriented individual will work closely with the National Sales Manager, Vice President of Distribution, District Manager responsible for the region, Business Line Managers and MRS Region Product Support Manger to help market and sell products
and services while analyzing the market to ensure maximum market penetration for all Epiroc products. The position will focus primarily on market analysis while supporting sales and rental opportunities. The Business Development Manager will have the objective
to analyze our current channel partner in the region and to determine and assess other potential channel partners within the first 180 days in the region. Following the 180 days this person will have the opportunity to lead our transformation in this region
to the market leading position. Travel is approximately 60% of the time, anywhere in the USA, with possible travel overseas. Due to the regional nature of this role, the successful candidate could reside in any of the following states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas
- Assess potential in all key Epiroc markets served and make recommendations to penetrate underdeveloped opportunities.
- Observe current capabilities and market presence and assist to support and improve customer relationships.
- Determine strategy to work with key drilling contractors in regions that do not currently utilize our products and support efforts to grow market share.
- Identify opportunities with other customers not operating Atlas Copco/Epiroc products.
- Identify opportunities to expand presence with existing customers.
- Work closely with key global and national clients that have operations in this region with special emphasis on those with Corporate HQ's in the region.
- Based on available product portfolio, develop specific sales programs related to various customer segmentations.
- Drive future development together with all divisions including in depth benchmarking of trends in the region.
- Implement strategic initiatives and help introduce new products.
- Establish and monitor market pricing levels to be competitive, as well as profitable.
- Research competitor activity and prepare reports for the sales force and management on upcoming threats/opportunities.
- Participation in local trade associations and trade shows.
- Travel to customer locations frequently to successfully fulfill goals.
- Occasional domestic travel to work on product and process development with various stakeholders.
- Prepare professional presentations using PowerPoint and present in front of groups.
- Communicate regularly with counterparts within the customer center.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is strongly preferred due to the technical nature of this position. Other technical degrees may be considered.
- A minimum of five years of direct sales or OEM dealer management experience is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud when working with the machinery (noise protection required).
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Epiroc provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, a complete range of related consumables and services through a global network. The business area innovates for sustainable productivity in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works,
well drilling and geotechnical applications. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Epiroc is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender