Are you in for a big challenge, like contributing to the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global productivity partner the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’ first choice.
To facilitate growth of our company’s service program through strong commitment to the delivery of high quality customer service to all Epiroc customers. Plus, ensure that the customer’s expectations are met every time.
General Function & Key Objectives:
To provide timely service support for preventative maintenance, equipment trouble shooting & repairs, monitoring and testing that result in minimizing downtime, reducing costs, or promoting our service and product capabilities. This individual will be responsible for providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, and installing parts as needed to maintain the equipment.
1. Perform routine, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs on Epiroc Rotary Drills and other mining equipment including but not limited to; Bolters, Jumbos, and Scooptrams in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
2. Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning equipment, determine possible causes, and perform repairs.
3. Test and document proper operating parameters.
4. Provide basic tools for job along with normal maintenance of tools and equipment.
5. Provide high level of customer service.
6. Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
7. Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
8. Track associated costs or data from tests to ensure completion.
9. Help develop solutions to local problems.
10. Knowledge of Heavy equipment useful.
1. Communicate service and other relevant activities to Service Manager and Area Sales Rep. This would be through daily service reports or relevant forms, e-mail and telephone communications.
2. Prepare information as requested whether routine or for special occasions.
3. Always be courteous and professional in all communications.
1. A working knowledge of hydraulic breakers and maintenance is required.
2. Competence with industrial/ commercial fluid power and low voltage electrical control systems is an absolute requirement.
Skills / Abilities:
1. Strong mechanical, hydraulic and electrical skills.
2. A basic level of understanding and competence with computers and associated systems (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc), business systems, distribution channels and accounting practices.
3. Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
Training & Skill Development:
1. Participate in company planned training whenever possible.
2. Seek out training for areas of perceived weakness.
3. Maintain an open mind when working with co-workers or supervisors to learn new approaches.
4. Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance.
General Work Attitude:
1. Work cooperatively with all departments in a spirit of teamwork to address problem areas and stimulate aftermarket sales.
2. Safeguard the assets of the company in general and reveal no information to competitors or outside parties, which could be harmful to our business.
3. Manage in the best interest of the company, those assets entrusted to you, these may include but are not limited to, vehicles, computers, phones and products.
4. Use the targeted resources available to you in the most cost-effective way for promoting the company’s business.
5. Foster practices within the company that is consistent with its values and beliefs. Share knowledge with colleagues and actively work to raise the competence level of the group. Strive for unity and trust within the group and expect to produce results before receiving rewards. Search for truth and avoid propagating rumors.
6. Act on behalf of peer group members in their absence as and when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance.
7. Always promote a positive working environment both with co-workers and customers.
Certificates and Licenses:
1. Maintain a valid driver’s license (with air brake endorsement), a good driving record is required.
2. Maintain current US Department of Labor, Mine Safety & Health Administration required training certificates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email software; word processing software; spreadsheet software; and Contact Management systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (noise protection required).
3. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
3. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
1. Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
2. Willingness to grow
3. Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus
Some regional travel may be required.
Number of vacancies: 3
Country and city description
USA - Salt Lake City Utah
Atlas Copco's Board of Directors announced in January 2017 that it will initiate work in order to propose to the Annual General Meeting in 2018, to decide on a split of Atlas Copco into two parts. Atlas Copco will focus on industry and Epiroc will focus
on mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries.The current Mining and Rock Excavation business area – core of the future Epiroc - provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, a complete range of related consumables and service through a
global network. The business area innovates for sustainable productivity in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling and geotechnical applications. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden,
the United States, Canada, China and India.
Epiroc is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.