Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class
service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Epiroc had revenue in 2017 of $ 3.7 billion USD and has more than 13,000 employees. Principal
product development and manufacturing units of Epiroc are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Being the best, is a challenge that we love to live up to. By keeping an open mind and listening to our employees and customers, we continuously set new industry standards and improve the way we work.
Diversity is key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. In the 150 countries where you can find us, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders. This way
our employees can grow in the business, wherever they are at their careers, from entry level to senior leadership. We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
United in Performance. Inspired by Innovation.
Performance unites us, innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward. Count on Epiroc to deliver customer-oriented solutions needed to succeed today and the technology to lead tomorrow. To do this, we believe in diverse teams that
work together across borders to develop, produce, market and service the most innovative products available. Grow your career at Epiroc!
To facilitate growth of the company’s Aftermarket Rebuild business program through a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality rebuild work to all Epiroc mining customers.
The Reman Technician is responsible for the repairs and complete rebuild of all MRS equipment or components. This includes completion of all relevant paperwork and failure analyses reporting functions. Dedication to continual product improvement by communicating
through the MRS technical service team, relevant managers, and the Product Companies as required or requested is essential. The ability to provide high quality communication and technical support to achieve customer satisfaction is a requirement for this role.
- Perform routine, preventive maintenance and repairs or rebuilds in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations
- Execute diagnostics on malfunctioning components, determine possible causes of failure, and perform repairs as required
- Work with parts and services, engineering and suppliers to determine warranty failures
- Test and document proper operating parameters, technical specifications and any relevant information required when performing complete component rebuilds to OEM standards
- Complete detailed failure analyses on all rebuilt components and provide details to determine the root cause of the failure or problem, identify corrective action and implement steps to prevent reoccurrence
- Maintain basic tools for job along with normal maintenance of tooling and equipment to ensure they are in good working condition
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, high quality customer service and professionalism
- Work professionally and effectively with all coworkers, peers, managers and vendors
- Train and assist other service technicians
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times
- Communicate all relevant product, technical service and training activities and work together to sustain product integrity
- Prepare necessary information as requested whether routine or for special occasions
- Participate in company planned training as required
- Work to understand and utilize information and communication systems and tools, i.e., e-mail, BPCS, Microsoft Office software
- Willingness to step in as needed on behalf of peer group members when called upon to do so either by design or circumstance
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or certificate of completion from a mechanical trade school is required
- A minimum of three years of technical field or shop service experience maintaining and rebuilding major components and or equipment rebuilds (Epiroc/Atlas Copco and other) is highly preferred
- Competence with industrial/commercial fluid power and low voltage electrical control systems is a requirement
- Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhauls, and repairs of a wide variety of hydraulic and power train components, or three to five years of progressive work experience in a related industry will be considered
- Maintain an active driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to acquire current Safety & Health Administration required training certificates
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Willingness to grow within the business
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (noise protection required)
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
- This position is considered Safety Sensitive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Travel is expected approximately 10% of the time