Are you in for a big challenge, like contributing to the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global
productivity partner the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership
for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’ first choice.
To facilitate growth and profitability of the Remanufacturing Center, Salt Lake City, UT through strong commitment to the delivery of high quality customer service to all Epiroc (internally and externally). Plus, ensure that the customer’s expectations are met every time.
Responsible for balancing the supply to demand of all assigned inventory items while taking into consideration asset investment and responsibility to change. Coordinate the movement and tracking of subcontract activities to offsite locations
1. Review MRP output daily to balance demand and supply of all assigned items.
2. Release and maintain work orders as required to ensure on time completion.
3. Order hoses for kits and assemblies as required.
4. Place and maintain purchase orders for previously sourced items with suppliers. Including but not limited to due dates, expediting, required returns, rejects, PCO requirements. Communicate un-sourced part requirements to the buyer/commodity managers.
5. Place and maintain subcontract purchase orders.
6. Provide accurate and timely promise dates for all assigned inventory items.
7. Maintain documentation for serialization of finished goods and cores.
8. Communicate priorities to internal and external resources.
9. Resolve disposition of obsolete and slow moving inventory, monthly or more often as required.
10. Resolve disposition of rejected material within three (3) working days.
11. Maintain relevant planning data elements including lead-time, order policy, safety stock, and other order modifiers.
12. Maintain open and effective communications regarding supply problems and their resolutions.
13. Develop and implement inventory pull-systems which may include but are not limited to, supplier kanban and in-plant inventory management processes. (SMI, SCI, etc.)
14. Work with warehouse personnel to help reconcile on hand balances, including but not limited to analyzing and correcting work order material variances.
15. Work with shipping to ensure correct parts are crated and shipped to subcontractor in time to meet rebuild center schedules.
16. Interact with subcontractors to ensure work order/operations are assembled on time.
17. Initiative and the ability to work well with others.
18. Monitor shop flow, product shipments and core receiving.
19. Complete any other task related to the success of the Reman Center as deemed necessary by management.
20. Must be creative and flexible and have strong communication and customer service skills.
21. Should be able to easily start and carry projects to completion.
22. Must be a self-starter, willing to ask for or acquire resources as demanded by tasks.
23. Must be able to work in a loosely structured environment with minimum supervision.
24. Must have good document control with attention to detail.
25. This is a fast paced position requiring high energy level and strong sense of urgency. Follow through is key to success in this position.
26. Must be capable of root cause analysis and able to implement process improvements.
1. Prepare necessary information as requested whether routine or for special occasions.
2. Always be courteous and professional in all communications. Ability to handle upset customers, both internal and external is required, and personality conflicts must absolutely be minimized. Realize the customers may not always be right but should always be our customer.
3. Communicates in a professional manner.
4. Work to understand and utilize information and communication systems and tools, i.e., SAP, BPCS, Microsoft Office software, lotus notes email, marketing and aftermarket databases etc
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Advanced training in computer aided maintenance systems, reporting, databases, and spreadsheets are very advantageous to the success of the person in this position.
1. Absolute fluency in the English language required.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
2. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
1. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
2. Ability to conduct root cause analysis.
3. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
4. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in variable situations where only limited standardization exists.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of email software; Word, Excel, Access.
2. Mfg Pro preferred.
3. Basics of ERP.
4. Good organizational skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelors of Science in related field or five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses
CPIM (Certified in Production Inventory Management) preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. The physical requirements of the job include sitting, walking, standing, keyboard, and phone activities.
2. Employee may be required to move or lift objects weighing as much as 30 pounds while performing the duties of this job.
A limited amount of travel may be required for this position.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job. This position is considered Safety Sensitive.